Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Another Year Older

Today is my birthday. I am 43. I am slightly bummed about this - I rather enjoyed being able to say I was the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything when I was 42. 43 just doesn't seem to be a very interesting number. Though it is a prime number, and I guess there aren't too many of those.

However, looking back on the past year it does seem I have cause to celebrate. The last 12 months have seen the release of my third published book. Maybe I'm not making loads of money from the writing, but I'm getting published, and that's something to cheer about.

It seems a lot of our friends have lost one or both parents recently. Mine are still around. Some people have been dealing with losing their jobs, or debilitating illness. I still have the day job, which lets me pay the mortgage, and I'm still alive and kicking. So it seems there's a lot to celebrate. I'm off to raise a glass to being another year older. Bring on 43.

1 comment:

PamelaTurner said...

Happy Birthday! And if it makes you feel any better, I'm older than you. :-)