Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Bits and Pieces: A Summary of My Week

It's my birthday today and I'd hoped to hear some news on a submission, but no luck. (The site says X weeks and it's been the requisite number of weeks, hence my reason for being twitchy.)

However, another short story publication should be out soon. Hopefully, I'll be able to post something next week.

Ah, the waiting game. Authors know it well. So do actors, waiting to hear back on auditions. Best remedy is to keep busy. That's not too difficult. But like I said, it gets harder when the time has past and nothing is said. I hate to be left wondering.  

On a totally separate note, I visited a bookstore I hadn't seen in almost 20 years: Joseph-Beth in Lexington, Kentucky. I attended my first meeting of the Kentucky Indie Writers and stopped at J-B on the way home. Besides the bookstore, I also want to visit the Kentucky Horse Park again. I've always loved horses and Kentucky has a connection with horses that runs deep. So it wouldn't surprise me if I found myself writing a story about them.

Tomorrow it's back to work. Have to get ready for Fandom Fest next month. But tonight, I'm going to relax and celebrate the final hours of my birthday watching classic film noir.    

Happy Writing!

No comments: