Thursday, May 19, 2011

Bloody Parchment update: 1301

I don't just wear the author hat. My other passion is editing and, not only do I edit for Lyrical Press, I also do my bit to promote dark fantasy and horror fiction in South Africa. For the past three years I've been working on Bloody Parchment, which is not just an author reading event every year in October, under the auspices of the SA HorrorFest, but also an anthology of fiction. Last year we ran our first short fiction competition.

This year also see the relaunch of Something Wicked magazine, who have requested to use the top five stories from the Bloody Parchment anthology to be released later this year.

Today I'd like to showcase the fourth-place winner, Chris Miller, who wrote the rather creepy 1301.


For more information about Bloody Parchment, see the blog here: http://bloodyparchment.blogspot.com

You can direct any queries to nerinedorman@gmail.com but remember to put "Bloody Parchment" in the subject line.

No comments: