Come December and I, like many authors, think about my writing goals for the following year. The operating word here being “think.”
I suck at setting goals. Really. I start out with good intentions but don’t always follow through. NaNoWriMo is an exception. But that also shows me I can succeed at this goal-setting thing if I want to.
Here are a few objectives for 2012:
1. Keep my two main blogs updated with reviews, interviews, and posts.
2. Review more books.
3. Read at least 52 books next year.
4. Revise and submit the 3 manuscripts I’m currently working on.
5. Finish the 4 works-in-progress.
6. Get 2 book contracts. (Hey, I can dream, can’t I?) :-)
7. Write at least 1 screenplay (Script Frenzy) and polish the other.
8. Enter a writing contest.
9. Join 1 or 2 local writers’ groups (contingent on membership requirements).
Manageable, right? Certainly hope so. If nothing else, this list will keep me accountable. Now to print it out and hang it on my cork board.