Tuesday, March 27, 2012

It's a Mad, Mad April

If you're a college basketball fan, you're probably aware of a phenomena called "March Madness". This year is particularly exciting for me because the Final Four pits two Kentucky teams against each other. From what I understand, the University of Kentucky and University of Louisville have never played a Final Four against each other.

Much as I enjoy watching the games, I also look forward to "April Madness BIAM Writathon". What is this? Only a month of dedicated writing or revising. Unlike National Novel Writing Month, where the goal is to write 50,000 words in 30 days, BIAM (Book in a Month) is flexible. I usually use it to work on revisions or shorter pieces. This year, I hope to revise my vampire Victorian and another draft of my angel urban fantasy. If you'd like to join in the fun, click on the link above.

April is also the Southern Kentucky Book Fest and the Kentucky Writers Conference, a free event in Bowling Green. This will be my third year attending the conference.

Am I finished? Nope! :-) For you screenplay writers, there's Script Frenzy. Challenge yourself to write a 100 page screenplay in 30 days. Am I in? Don't know what I'll write but I hate to pass up a challenge.

Good thing I have the month of May to recover. :-)  

No comments: